Saturday, June 26, 2004

Attack of the foot monster

Ok - so Mum-in-law came for dinner last night. Hubby was cooking so he made up some tinned soup (pea and ham for him and Mum and chicken and corn for me), and some fresh bread to go with it.

I cannot handle pea and ham soup. Have you looked at it? Mum wasn't so happy that I mentioned across the dinner table that it always reminds me of "The Exorcist" - she reminded me that I might have waited until after dinner.

Um - yeah, I could have but what is the fun in that?

So after dinner Mum-in-law and I went to the pictures, Gold Class to see Shrek 2. She got 2 tickets through her work, cheap, but could only get the 2, so she asked me and our husbands had to stay home.

I can't say I was totally impressed with my first gold class experience. We were right at the very front and to the extreme right. So one part of the screen was HUGE and the other part tiny. LOL - but it was a great movie and I did laugh heaps. It was just a shame that it was so blooming cold! It rained and rained here last night and was absolutely freezing.

I came home to find that hubby had put most of the dinner dishes on the kitchen bench except for Mum-in-laws bowl of unfinished soup cause "he didn't know what to do with it". So still had to come home and clean up anyway - LOL Glad he helped.

So today is Saturday and it has been a lovely lazy day. We slept in until Oscar the foot biting cat came in for his morning attack. Then we went to the local "Passion for Pets" store and bought some toys for our birds (a breeding pair of Indian Ringneck parrots), and played with all the kittens and puppies - so cute.

We have been offered a Rainbow Lorikeet by hubby's boss, so maybe our zoo or animals might be increasing again.

We love our animals. So far we have 1 dog (a Border Collie cross Jack Russell called Madisson who has a tennis ball fetish), 2 cats, Molly and Oscar, 2 chickens, Laverne and Shirley, 2 Indian Ringneck parrots (new additions that are currently unnamed), some hermit crabs and about 3000 fish - both tropical and cold water. I think that is it!

So we came home and Oscar got his very first outing outside. He is only 6 months old and we were waiting until he got desexed and microchiped before we let him outside. That was last week, so today he got to go outside (on a long lead) for some outside familiarisation. He loved it.

My little boy is growing up.

We spent a bit of time too cleaning out our garage (watching carefully for hunstman spiders - only found one). Much better now that is done!

Well that is the end of my boring day. Off to have dinner and spend some time with my darling husband. Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker