Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just when the world is looking grey...

I had a bad weekend. Not anything really specific. Just generally emotionally bad.

Of course, it probably was because I didn't take the metformin, folate, vitamin B or Losec tablets all weekend. Why didn't I take them? I just had this complete mental block that pushed me away from them. I just couldn't take them. In fact, tonight is the first night I have taken them and I had to PUSH myself to do it.

So yesterday I was at my worst. I didn't cry but I was sad, and Hubbs knew it.

Then in the afternoon he comes in and hands me something. A little scrap of paper. He says "look what I found". I looked at it - it was the receipt for the car wash the day we got married.

He then gently took it back and said "I am putting this somewhere safe".

Then he hugged me and suddenly the world was not quite so grey. There is no sun shining in my world at the moment, but there are not any clouds at the moment either.

How I love this man.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that is sweet!

 
At 5:40 am, Blogger PJ said...

I hate those days. I think they strike us all from time to time. It's great that your husband recognizes those days and can cheer you up.

Cheers to all of our great husbands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker