Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Indicators are the facial expressions of automobiles and other random mutterings

I think I read that somewhere - deep eh!

I thought of this tonight as I was sitting at the lights, waiting for the green arrow to tell us that we could turn right. The car in front's indicator and mine were in perfect sync - for just a second and then they were out of sync again. Do you ever wonder, as I do, why they don't have exacting standards for indicators? Why don't they all flash at exactly the same intervals?

Is my brain completely turning to mush? All these months, turning into years of trying to conceive a child - stuck on an endless song. Just when I feel like I might be nearing the end of this song and the start of another completely different song I suddenly hear the old one starting up again. How do I get past this?

Are our lives like those car indicators? Do I flash at a different rate to someone else? If so is the flashing of an infertile woman slow and methodic, whilst a fertile woman fast and bright?

My head is pounding tonight - part hormonal (Ovulation is right around the corner), part job stress (don't ask because I might tell you just how bad it is), and part tiredness (see second part!).

I think it is time to give up my mutterings for the night and go cuddle up to my husband.

Wonder if he wants to discuss car indicators?

2 Comments:

At 10:33 pm, Blogger Net said...

Bugs - you are being deep and meaningful. I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is for someone to be trying for so long, only then will i understand completely, as for now i only comprehend a little....chin up girl, its going to happen.

 
At 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought I was the only one who ever watched the car lights in front of me blink in sync. I love your Blog, it's deep, honest and leaves you with a sence of knowing that there are real people in the world. You and this Blog are what keep people like me on the roller coaster ride of Trying to concieve.
Thank you.
Dan xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker