Monday, December 06, 2004

Letter to my Mum

This morning I woke up, and my first thought was you
Today it is 7 years since we said goodbye to you
10:20pm actually when you passed away
I remember it like it was yesterday
Christmas Carolers were outside, singing and laughing
I wanted to tell them to go, but I didn't want to leave you
I prayed for them to leave. Eventually they did

(intermission - can't see to type for the tears)
(okay I am back - take 2)

And then you left. I didn't want you to leave
Not a day goes by when I don't think of you
And what might have been if you had stayed
If I could have anything in the world today
it would be the chance to see you again
To be held by you and know that I was safe
Sometimes at night I dream of you
and I can almost feel the warmth of your hug

I love you Mum
You will never be forgotten
For you live in my heart.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful....As Always...
May your Mum live in your heart for ever...
Danielle x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker