Wednesday, November 17, 2004

My current Pet Hate!

Have you seen these Horrid little things? The crappiest pieces of machinery that have been made that now we see just everywhere! I am so over them.


The Stupidest Bike of all!

Now is it just me or are there a lot of these around? Do they all also have their mufflers removed? In the last month in our area, several of these have appeared. The police hate them and I can certainly understand why.

My list of complaints:
* They are not governed by Motorcycle laws so you don't need a license to ride one. As a result, everyone kid in the neighborhood has one.
* They are so dangerous. Today one pulled out of a side street right in front of me, and once it was in front, I could not see it at all.
* Kids are riding them to school, and in high traffic areas. Not only have I seen them on the roads, nearly getting killed, but I have seen them on the footpath, dodging our elderly.
* How can we expect our schools to be responsible for them. If our kids are in classrooms, what is to stop someone pinching the bikes?
* Are they all really noisy, or has everyone around me removed the mufflers. Every day my peaceful home is torn by the sound of these little bikes going up and down the street.
* They look ridiculous! How stupid is it for someone to be sitting on something half their size? It would be like me sitting on a miniature pony!

Look - I know they are cute, and probably a lot of fun, but I really don't think our kids should be in charge of such a dangerous vehicle. I think they have to be licensed, and they should be treated the same as trail bikes and NOT be on the road.

I certainly don't want to be responsible for running over someone who I could hear and not see.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 pm, Blogger Bugsy said...

Hehe - You could be right there. Perhaps we only have to wait a few years until the idiots have wiped themselves out. Modern day evolution in progress.

I have been known to stop, point and laugh at their stupidity. It is hard to look cool when someone is doing that at you and your "wheels" are smaller than your sister's tricycle!

My sister wants to ride up next to one, lean down and said "You know, size does matter!"

Karma - I hope Jr is feeling a bit better tonight - poor little poppet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker