Saturday, April 30, 2005

History in the news

If any of the aussies amongst us have Saturday's Herald Sun you will find an article about my great great grandfathers son (The brother of my great grandfather).

His name was Kevin Rebbechi and he fought in the Spanish Civil War.

You can also find info on him here:

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-conflicts-periods/other/spanish-civil-war.htm

Apparently there is a new memorial being unveiled in Spain to Aussies who found in the Spanish Civil War and his name will be on it.

I haven't actually read the article yet. My mother in law called all excited as she recognised the name.

Interesting!

1 Comments:

At 10:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bugsy
Caught your posting about Kevin Rebbechi purely by chance. Kevin Rebbechi was my uncle. Until just a few weeks ago little was known about his time in Spain, including his untimely death. A journalist came and interviewed me about him and the journo has given me a book in which he is discussed and lots of info about his time in Spain. Kevin was definitely an idealist ! If you or any of your family would like more info please feel free to contact me at: craven@primus.com.au
regards
Nina Craven (nee Rebbechi)

PS Good luck with the baby making- I have been thru all the infertility bit and it was worth the trouble !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker