Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Monday, Angerday, Wednesday.........

Hello and welcome to my angry day.

Don't bother strapping yourself in, you will regret it later when you decide to jump out the window and find yourself restrained.

My day started with a stupid dream that it was Monday and I had missed the alarm due to a power failure and it was 11:30am and I had just woken up. Then I really woke up because it was 6am and the alarm had just gone off and I thought "why bother getting up - it is 11:30 anyhow and I have missed everything". The fog lifted about half an hour later and I crawled out of bed and hit the shower. I had to shower watching the ceiling as a daddy long legs spider was on the ceiling and kept losing its grip and falling a little. I know they are only small and no threat, but I don't want it falling on me!

I got to work and found problem after problem. The only highlight of my day was my performance review. For the first time, my manager is going to recommend that I exceeded expectations this review. Of course, that might be squished by those that manage higher up, but it is nice that he thinks this way at least.

Then it has been problem after problem and the support team around me has caused more problems than they have fixed today. I am sooooo over it. They are a useless pack with no common sense. eg. "When I unplug this laptop from the network I lose network access - why?" - yes a support person actually asked this question. People like these are actually supporting this great big company. OMG Sell your shares now.

Then on to a meeting where I had to explain basic principles to someone who "just didn't get it" but nodded knowingly anyhow. Not sure what tipped me off, I think perhaps it was the blank look I got the moment I started talking. Argghhhh

ok - time to go home nearly. Then I can check online - I am hoping to discover that Shitney Spears is not having twins, but is just horrendously FAT and will never lose all that FAT. That might make me feel better.

Caio bellas

2 Comments:

At 6:49 pm, Blogger Wildefrost said...

UH oh, It's only 5am on Tuesday morning here in the states. I hope my day doesn't become angerday as well! Sorry to hear about your bad day. Luckily for you, it's almost wednesday. :)

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger DeadBug said...

Shitney.

Giggling maniacally over that.

Congrats on the outstanding performance review. And, oh, god, how I understand the levels of incompetence you can find in big, shiny companies. They're lucky to have you.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker