Thursday, July 07, 2005

Newsflash: Terror attacks rock London

OMG. I just switched on the TV and saw this- Blast on London Tube\Buses (if you can't see this report, just search on "Terror Attacks rock London" or "Blast on London Tube" and you will find it easy enough.)

My first thought was of all the people in our London office. We have about 300 people there, some which are very good friends. Then I thought of everyone else and hoped that there were no more fatalities (so far 2 recorded). OMG how horrible.

Then it dawned on me. OMG. My brother's new fiance is in London right now. She arrived there on Sunday for a 6 week holiday to mark her 60th birthday. She was born there, and her and her two sisters have gone back for this holiday.

OMG. Hubbs won't let me call my brother tonight. He doesn't want me to panic him or worry him unnecessarily. But I am worried. They have just gotten engaged and they are so happy. I would hate anything to happen to her. I love her as a sister already.

I pray that she is okay. Just as I pray that the casulties are minimal and that there is no more violence.

I hope I hear soon that she is okay.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out this morning from my student teacher. I hate being in a school because they often block the news stations on our televisions.

I hope she is safe. It is so sad.

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

If you're really worried I know there is a nhotline nuimber you can call to check on Australian friends and rellies. Probably Foreign Affirs website will have the details.

i hope you hear soon that she is safe.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger Mari said...

Bugs - Is your too be sister in law OK..OMG I too can't believe what happened in London...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker