Thursday, June 30, 2005


I survived my first day back at work!

It was a little tricky and I worked myself up to expect the worse but I managed. My bosses wife (who works with us too) came over and gave me a hug and I nearly lost it but I controlled myself and said thank you and we talked of other things.

I had a few people ask me how I was and one person who nearly wouldn't let up. You know the "What was wrong? Was it the flu? Are you sure it wasn't the flu? Are you contagious? What were your symptoms?". If they hadn't stopped I would have said "I was bleeding out of my Hoo Haa and last I heard, a miscarriage wasn't contagious". F'n sticky beaks.

My boss was sensational. He kept asking how I was, and at 3pm he said "You look so tired. Why don't you go home" . So I admitted that I was tired and quite dizzy and that I would take him up on that and go home. He then said "tomorrow - half day only - no arguments". What a sweetie huh.

So now I am home and resting. I have a few pains in my stomach, so I am really taking it easy.

Tonight I want to go out with hubbs, so I have to be rested now.

When we had our first miscarriage we bought a winnie the pooh collectable figurine in bub's memory. It is pooh holding a rattle which has written on it "For baby". I cried as soon as I saw it and knew we had to have it. So tonight I want to go out and buy one for this baby. Maybe then I can get a bit of closure on this, and start not hurting as much as I am. The picture above shows the figurine we bought the first time. It's name is "Smiles and tickles from Pooh to you". P.S. The rattle really rattles.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

What a lovely memento.

When we lost our 1st child I had been given a wall hanging and it has always hung in my bedroom since. It has a dog on it and it's a bit kitch now but then again it is almost 27 yrs old.

Cathy

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Being a big fan of all things Pooh, I love the figurine.

I think its a lovely idea to have a special keepsake for the baby you've lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker