Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Axe murderers, Ovulation and other mundane things

Why does it seem something always happens around Ovulation time to stop us from babydancing?

This was supposed to be the cycle where we went for broke to avoid me going in for the laparoscopy\hysterscopy in EEEKKK 15 days time. Instead we have hardly said hello to each other in the hallway, let alone connected spiritually and physically.

Hubby has been on nightshift for nearly a week - he finishes this tonight so look out tomorrow.

I have had the worst migraines\headaches for the last week as well. So over it. I just want to feel good for a change.

Warning: TMI follows

Although having said that, we did sneak in a quick babydance before I went to work this morning. He came home at 6:30 and I had to be at work at 8:30 so it certainly wasn't the spiritual bonding that I had in mind, but oh well. That is the price you pay for having fertility issues and trying your best to catch the little eggie at the right time. Temp went up this morning too so maybe I have finally ovulated - bout time too - cd19 today!

So what else has been going on in my life? Well probably the two biggest events in the past week are a murder and a lunch.

The murder first: We live in a fairly nice suburb, with houses ranging from unremarkable average family homes (like ours) to some extraordinary mansions worth multiple millions of dollars that look so cold and sterile I would bet you couldn't get warm in them even if you set fire to them. Last Friday only a couple of streets from our house, a man was axed to death at his front door. There is no real motive behind it being revealed at this stage. It appears that he answered his door sometime around 3am, there was shouting and swearing, and his family found him lying dead on the front porch and a bloody axe laying nearby.

I was shocked and reacted by making sure the doors were all locked, and the cat's claws sharpened. I seriously considered getting a Doberman until my cats snuggled up to me and reminded me that they love their fur exactly where it is - on them. I brought our dog inside but she is less protection than the cats! I even rang hubby up and told him I was venturing outside to go to the fishroom to feed all the fish. He insisted I ring him again when I was back inside and had the doors locked.

Then I realised how much I was overreacting. How many of these things do not have a motive? How many random axe murders are there? 1% if that? I don't know, but I am positive that this incident has some history in there somewhere. A friend suggested that it might be the son who actually "found" him ? Time will tell I guess. In the meantime I might just check out dobermans again - do they get on well with cuddly cats and tennisball crazy dogs?

Oh and then the lunch. Our CEO at work here had lunch with the Prime Minister on Friday as well. How amazing is that? Only him and 8 others apparently. I wonder what they spoke about? Well I know nothing more than that - I just thought it was an interesting thing to say. (okay so the rest of my life is boring, and I had to borrow some excitement from someone else).

I have been reading some other blogs - you know who you are - and you guys are amazing. Thank you for being yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker