Friday, April 01, 2005

Backups

I was wondering if anyone had backed up their blogger blog and how they did it? There are some notes here on how to do it but I am hestitant to try it as it means changing the template totally and I am worried I will lose everything, and after all, isn't that the idea of having a backup?

My other thought was to open up each post with comments displayed and print to pdf or something- It means I couldn't recover it, but at least I could have it in my hot little hand (and safely locked away, I assure you), if I ever wanted to read it again.

I would be interested in your thoughts.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Blogger Burnt Karma said...

Um, I guess you could just open Word and cut and paste all your files onto a fresh page - either all on one long page, or as separate docs?

Have thought about backing up as well. Just too big a job now, and I'm kinda busy. I'm w..www..ww..(oh it's so hard to say the word) "working".

Better go lie down now :-)

Bugger about the weight gain. More protein, less fast-carbs. More berries, less bananas.

 
At 8:19 pm, Blogger Katt said...

Hey bugsy the surprise is on my blog! I was tempted to add a pic of a cake for you! Just go to my blog and hit refresh and you should see it ;)

Katt

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger Lesley said...

Never thought about it. The blog instructions are easy enough but I would make a mess of it somehow. Most likely cut and paste and save as a document as B.k. said. Hope your having a good day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker