Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Here - Take that - revisited.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

You may remember a month ago I posted "Here - take that!" which explained the horror I experienced when a baby newsletter that I had forgotten to unsubscribe from after my miscarriage had emailed me with "Can you believe your baby is nearly 1".

I very quickly unsubscribed and hoped that would be the end of it.

Well it wasn't. I have continued to get newsletters from them. I have tried to unsubscribe a total of 11 times. 11! Each time I fill in another unsubscribe list, dutifully put in all my details and tick the option under "I am unsubscribing because..." - my selection being : "I lost my baby\miscarried" . Each time I get a nice message to say that I have unsubscribed and then all is quiet for a week or so and then the messages start arriving yet again.

So I went into the "contact us" form. Dutifully filled that in skipping the area that says "if you are complaining about a product, please put in the barcode here". I click send and I get "You have not filled in the barcode details so we are sorry but we cannot submit your email" WHAT???? So how do you contact them about something other than a product?

I have tried the "contact us" form several times. I also navigated around the whole blooming website looking for alternative means of contacting them.

Finally today I cracked it and found a phone number for them and called them. I explained my situation as calmly as possible (i figured it wasn't the telephone operator's mistake), and the girl took my details and promised me that she would remove me from the list immediately.

Well I am keeping track of everything I do. I know about Australia's anti-spam laws. I know my rights. This company better have removed me now, because I tell you, I have been more than fair about it. Next time I will not be so fair.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a married red-headed scorpian with Italian blood. You won't come off best, I promise you!

2 Comments:

At 3:24 am, Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh that's just evil. Was it Babycenter? I swear I unsubcribed from them like five times and had to write a nasty e-mail before they took me off their lists. And I still get baby advertisements from them.

The worst is the FORMULA!!!!!! Marc scans the mail now.

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger Bugsy said...

well the good news is that I haven't had any more of their evil newsletters. No Vixanne it wasn't Babycenter - it was Huggies baby club. Grrrrrrr - I shall not be rejoining them when I do get pregnant next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker