Sunday, March 06, 2005

Telephone Scams

Today I got the stupidest phone call. The phone rang and I answered and said Hello - and I got this recorded message (in a horrible upbeat game show style accent) :

"Congratulations - Your phone number has been selected as one that may have already won a prize. To be in the running for a great prize, you must call this number 1900 ### ### (didn't take much notice) in the next 10 minutes. Calls cost $13.95. Remember, you may already be a winner! Call us now on this number 1900 ### ### blah blah blah"

I can't believe I listened as long as I did. I then said "I hope you are recording this - You have got to be joking - do you think we are that gullible? Get stuffed" and then I hung up.

Hubby said "did you call them?" No honey, I didn't!

How incredibly annoying. Not only was it a prerecorded message, but it never identified who they were, how they got my number or what the prizes were etc (if there were any prizes). I had no way of getting in contact with anyone about it. What a scam!

It does make me wonder how many gullible people actually call the number. How many of those actually expect to "win" anything.

How utterly rediculous. I am so cheesed off at that stupid "auto-dialer". I even feel stupid having answered the phone and saying "hello" to an auto-dialer. Grrrrrrr

1 Comments:

At 8:20 pm, Blogger Bugsy said...

I did wonder if it was Homer, but he didn't ask for a $1 to be send to 742 Evergreen Terrace. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker