Sunday, February 20, 2005

My face hurts

Last night I took my second metformin tablet.

Today I woke up feeling great. Not just great but bloody fantastic. The best I have felt in a very long time.

This afternoon we went on a wine cruise in the bay - leaving from Melbournes docklands area. It was a complementary cruise from the wine club thingy we are in. We have been doing it for about 4 years now, and it has been great. They never ever hassle us, and they invite us to all their wine cruises and we just purchase what we want then. The only catch is that most wines you have to buy 6 bottles of. Spirits etc, you can purchase 3 bottles minimum and your total order must be at least 12 bottles to make it worth their while. But that isn't too bad.

We mentioned a while back to a friend (whilst she was complementing our wine selection) that we were in this club thingy and about the cruises and she expressed interest in coming with us, so today we brought her and her partner along.

This friend grew up with my husband (his mum and her mum are best friends) but we hardly saw her except from family functions. Her and I share the same birthday (2 years apart).

Well, we had the best time. Her partner (fairly new in her life and first time we had met him), was just lovely, and we all had a great time.

The wine was great and we ended up going halves in some bottles and spending about $150 each. Still, the wine is excellent.

The company was even better.

I never realised how much I have missed doing things with friends. All of our friends are butt poor. Now I know that isn't their fault, but they never ever want to do anything. The only friends who we did stuff with have been sucked into the Amway cult, and never want to do anything unless they are sucking someone into joining Amway ("come, join us, father amway loves us, commmmmmeeee").

It was fantastic - I had such a good day. I have laughed and laughed and smiled all day. I cannot remember the last time I did that.

And that is why my face hurts.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 pm, Blogger Net said...

Bugsy,
I am so happy that you had a wonderful day and you are feeling super. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I feel confident that you will get all you want.
Good luck with the meds and above all, keep on laughing and having fun.

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger muser said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I can really feel the positivity emanating from your last couple of posts. I'm glad that things are looking better.

all the best
..muser

 
At 4:18 am, Blogger Lala said...

Hi Bugsy. That cruise sounded lovely.
One of my employees is coming over to Australia in April. What kind of weather can she expect? I'm not sure if it's Syndey or Perth she's visiting though.
Thanks Dahling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker