Thursday, February 10, 2005

What would you pay for naming rights to my eggs?

A woman here in Australia put the "naming rights" to her unborn daughter up on ebay. Read about it here She wanted around $US750,000. So what is next? Shall I sell the naming rights to my eggs? What about it I put my dogs Poop up for sale? I should get a Million dollars for that, don't you think?

Oh by the way, AF arrived. (thought I would sneak that one in there). She snuck in today, softly, slowly. Like an aussie creek in Summer, she is just trickling along - too heavy to be called spotting, and too light to be called "light". Oh well, at least she is here.

Have a good night everyone.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I really really don't understand is why it's only for the first 5 years and what the heck they're going to call said child in that time and forever after.
Children learn their names very quickly, by the age of a year (before in many children) they will resond when their name is said.

Way to confuse the child - being called one name for 5 years and another for the rest of their life.
I hope that $750,000 is going into a fund to pay for this girls therapy when she's older.

Bugsy - I'm a lurker a few days ago I came across your blog and read it from beginning to end - your story is amazing. I wish you all the best and I hope you don't mind if I keep lurking for updates

Trina-P

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Bugsy said...

Hi guys - Trina-Thanks for lurking (and posting). Lesley - thanks too! you girls rock!

I still cannot get over this, and all the implications around it. I would be very very surprised if child services were not standing on that door step soon. I mean, what if she doesn't get any money - what will she do next to get some money? I shudder to think. The welfare of that child is possibly at risk.

 
At 5:06 am, Blogger DeadBug said...

Period day is never easy, even when you expect it.

Sorry, and I hope so much that this cycle brings you better news.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker