Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

My husband is the eternally positive one. He is sure we will get our baby soon.

Yesterday I received a subscription offer from a popular parenting magazine. It was a good offer, but I have no children. Sadness overcame me when I read it, then wonder as to how they got my details. But sadness prevailed and I left it on the table and walked away to do something else, and keep my mind busy.

Later I went looking for it as it is paper week for our rubbish collection, and I wanted to add it to the pile. It was gone. I asked hubby and he said "I filled it in and have it ready for posting". I questioned him as to why he would do such a thing and this was his beautiful response:

"Because it was a good offer, and although we don't have children now, this subsciption goes for 12 months and we will surely have a child by then or be well in the process of it"

After nearly 3 years of infertility, 1 miscarriage and lots of crying (from me), he still thinks we can do this - and in a reasonable timeslot too - Gotta love him (I do).

2 Comments:

At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really really nice! You're hubby is very sweet.

trina-p

 
At 11:02 am, Blogger DeadBug said...

When you run out of optimism and feel so low, then the husband comes in and says something to melt the heart like that...reminds me every time of why I want his kids so very much.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker