Thursday, July 14, 2005

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes bugsy pushing a baby carriage (as if!)

What can I say?

Last night I was so numb. I woke in the middle of the night to find my pillow saturated. I had been crying in my sleep.

I went to work, eyes sore and puffy and just spent time at my desk, doing my job, avoiding everyone.

Then I cried. I cried because I read all your comments and emails and they were so filled with love. There are no words to express how loved I feel by you all.

Every time I heard Ted telling someone his wonderful news today I put my headphones on and cranked up the music, drowning everything else out. It was the only way I could manage.

Hubbs.... well Hubbs is my lifeline. To say I love him with every iota of my being would be an understatement. He listened to me last night on the phone (whilst he was working), when I could hardly talk for the tears, and he calmed me down and somehow made me feel better.

A couple of days ago I had mentioned that Aldi had some good baby specials. That was all I did - mention it in passing. They had a very nice Mother's choice three wheel stroller for $99 that was really good value. I come home tonight to find that Hubbs has been shopping. There is this pile of stuff in the loungeroom waiting for me. And I mean a PILE.

He bought the stroller, two educational toys, 4 dvds on babies and pregnancy, 3 different types of baby bath books, a pack of 7 baby bibs and a pack of 7 baby face washers. I called him and he said "We WILL need these soon! They are hope items". OMG I love him. He must have spent a fortune!

I have reservations about having baby stuff around. There is the jinxing aspect that is foremost in my mind, but I also worry about spending money on items that may never be used.

Hubbs is far more confident than I am.

I thought about all the things he bought. I think it is something he really needed to do for himself. Perhaps he is losing hope as well and needed something tangible to reaffirm his dreams. I cannot deny him this and I won't be getting upset at what he did. I think he needs this as much as I need this blog and all of you. He has no other outlet.

Did I tell you how much I love him?

10 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

What a honey of a hubby you have. He is so thoughtful and positive. You are soooooooooo lucky.

Cathy

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

ok.....I am just going to blithely skip over the wierd tangential messaging above of the Man Of Steel (dude - we're talking infertility here)
and say...


...Bugsy your Hubbs is gorgeous and I think I love him too! Just a little bit. Is that ok? Because he is being such a sweetheart.

 
At 11:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds fantastic. Sounds like our one son-in-law. Our oldest daughter was having a time getting pregnant, she being over-weight, not having regular monthly cycles and etc. She was 33 when they married, and they had their one and only child when she was 36. Alex will be 13 in Aug. Of course she had to go to a fertility doctor and get injections and etc. But little Alex was the best and most relaxed baby I have ever seen. I think that was from all the massages the son-in-law gave our daughter. Since our daughter was over-weight when she got pregnant, most people, except for family and close friends did not know she was pregnant until the little fella arrived. So hang in there. It will happen when you least expect it.

 
At 12:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very sweet!

 
At 1:27 am, Blogger PJ said...

What a catch you have. It's great that he's maintaining positivity.

I'm glad you have each other.

 
At 11:59 am, Blogger Mari said...

Bugs - My Mimi is also more confident that I am too. But what your Hubs did for you love is amazing.
We have had the jinx discussion many times and I too have felt that the baby things maybe the reason for my failed attempts.
But reading your blog just now made me realise that we are both preparing and nesting and lets both stand up and shake our cyber fists at 'jinx's' and tell it to bugger off?
What do you say?
Mari
PS: I would love to see some of the things that you have bought.

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Mari said...

BTW - what's with superman's comment? Am I missing something?

 
At 3:14 pm, Blogger Anne said...

Now, THAT, is a good man. And he's right, too!

{{Hugs}}

I just wish I could do more than just comment!

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger NIna said...

I don´t know you but I hope your dreams comes true. Every woman who wishes so badly for a baby deserves to have her wish granted! I´m sure you will be a fantastic mommy! Congrats on your loving, thoughtful husband- those are hard to find! :)

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww... I know you have a wonderful hubby...
I agree with Katt...
Just keep positive please...
I love the wonderful things you got...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker