Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Our time on this earth may be fleeting - so make what you can of it.

Incredibly sad news.

I got a phone call this morning. A lady I used to work with (from our US office), who left about 3 years ago passed away yesterday. We had kept in contact via email and were sympathizers of each other's problems.

She struggled with her fertility and her daughter now 6.5 was conceived via IVF. A few years later, still struggling and desperate for another child they tried a number of procedures and finally conceived their son, now 2.

She understood me when I sulked about my own infertility. She triumphed and had her two beautiful babies, despite all the problems she had, and the dreadful difficult pregnancies. She was so happy and the bestest Mum to those two.

Her husband had been pushing her to get some cosmetic surgery done. After two babies and just hitting 40, she finally gave in and had a boob job done, as well as a tummy tuck\lift.

The next bit is a little sketchy, but from what I worked out they sent her home from hospital on Sunday and on Monday she collapsed and died. A blood clot in her lungs.

I just can't believe it. The son she tried so hard to conceive probably won't even remember her. The daughter she loved beyond belief will one day say she can't remember much about her mum - being only 6.5 when she died.

All for what? So hubby can feel like he is married to a 20 year old again? I just don't get it. She was always happy with herself. She said she was only getting it done to make him happy - she couldn't have cared less. I could understand if she was miserable with herself; if her self esteem had plummetted because of her looks. I could understand if there was some physical deformity that she was correcting that make her feel different to everyone else.

Well I am sorry world. I am the way I am. If you don't like it, you reserve the right not to look at me. And if Hubbs ever says that he wants me to get a little work done - Well - sorry hun - that isn't the man I married. Accept me as I am. Help me to eat well, exercise and care for myself, but don't ask me to do surgery for the sake of looking better. Cause sweetheart, I love you, but it ain't going to happen.

It is just so sad. What I wish for the chance to get another email from her or receive one from her. But the chance is gone.

4 Comments:

At 2:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sad. Words can't even begin to cover the sadness of it.

 
At 12:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friends death. And over something so stupid as a man wanting her to improve her looks. I wonder how his body has changed over the years. You have my deepest sympathy.

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thats just horrible, Bugs. And for something so trivial. I want to say a lot of horrid things about the husband, but I imagine that he's dealing with his demons enough already over this.

Just so sad.

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Suzi said...

I agree with Panda, there are a few choice words I could use for this poor woman's husband.

Ah Bugsy my heart goes out to you and your friend's children it's going to be disappointing for them not having their mum, and after all it took for her to have them.

I'm afraid I'm finding it difficult to muster sympathy for your friend's husband. I'm sure it's going to be hard for him as well, but still....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker