Monday, July 25, 2005

Clomid how I love thee, let me count the ways

Please take a moment to pop over to Shell's and wish her all the very best for today. She started Chemo today and my thoughts have been with her all day. I hope she got to do lots of knitting to take her mind off it all, and that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Love you chickie!

Go on... I will wait......---> Shell

Back? Ok good, I will continue now.

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my baby feet square. Belive me, it looks fancy but was soooooo easy. If you can knit, and purl, then you can do this square. If anyone is keen I can reprint the link to the free pattern website. I have almost finished a second one.

You will have to excuse everything I say for the next week. I started clomid again last night - after a huge fight with Hubbs where I nearly walked out the door, I held the packet up to him and said "Do you still want me to take this?". He said yes, that he did. So I took them. I then preceeded to be up from 2am onwards with the worst stomach cramps - you know the ones where you get this wave of heat flooding over you, then the pain? Yep - those. I went back to sleep about 5am and then slept in. I woke at 7:30am realising I had to leave in like 20 minutes, so had the quickest shower on earth, threw a sandwich together for lunch and raced out the door. Made it with plenty of time to spare - not sure why I panicked really.

It seems incredible to me that only a month ago I was pregnant. Now I am back on Clomid and trying again. I am not sure how I will be if we get pregnant again. I guess we will come to that, when we come to that.

So back to temping and ovulation tests and all that fun. Oh how I have missed it - NOT.

P.S. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already done so. So far we are 12 to 4 in favor of Oscar getting his own site. Voting closes this Friday!

2 Comments:

At 1:24 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

thinking of you bugsy as you set off again...those side effects sound wicked. Take care.

 
At 11:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker