Friday, January 06, 2006

Oh the pain continues

Bonjour. I trust everyone is doing well.

I am still sick - very very sick. Breathing hurts and there is a constant pain in my back (probably all the pregnant women around me stabbing me for my malicious thoughts) due to the horrible infection in my poor excuse for lungs.

Sometimes I wish I smoked so I had something to give up. My lungs and I have never really had a good history together. When I was like 12, I got whooping cough. I never ever ever wish whooping cough upon anyone. I thought I was going to die. Seriously I did. At times I wished I had. Now that was sick. Constantly coughing and not being able to stop to draw breath and also throwing up at the same time - Oh yeah that is a great memory.

As a result of that time I have always been vulnerable to colds and flu, and pluracy and pneumonia! Oh my.

They told me at the time my lung capacity had diminished as some of my air sacs had burst or something. I get winded easily.

So this lung infection has really thrown me for six. The puffer they gave me makes me shake so I haven't been able to do any knitting or anything, and moving around makes me cough more but I can't stay in the one place because of the pains at the back of my lungs.

I had a nice bath today - hoping the steam would help me breathe easier and the warm water would help my lung pain - didn't seem to do much.

Can I just die now?

My car is still dead. My nephew can't return to working on it until sometime next week - great. Means we have to put contingency plans into action and I will have to get up at 5am to drive hubbs to work next week so I can have a car to get to work myself. Great.

But there have been a couple of good things happen. Both of our dvd players died on us. They were both purchased 14 months ago from kmart, and we couldn't find the receipt (they were both bought at the same time for $79 each). So I rang Kmart as they supposedly had a 2 year replacement warranty, and the lovely guy there said to just bring them in without the receipt and they would replace them. So we did, and they had no quarms about replacing them with the latest model (also being sold for $79). Thank you kmart - you are great!

The other good thing to happen was I got an email letting me know that the boss' pregnant wife has gone on maternity leave from today (yay) - I got invited to her leaving lunch. So that means on Monday I won't have to put up with seeing her at work - YAY. Now I only have to put up with the big annoucement that the baby has been born (let's worry about that another day huh).

I am trying not to think about having to go back to work next week - I so do not want to go.

Can I just stay here with you? I will be quiet - I promise.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 pm, Blogger Dr. J said...

Sorry you´re sick! I had croup when I was about 5 and my lungs have also been really sensitive ever since. A humidifier when I sleep is about the only thing that helps - maybee give that a shot. It´s like extreme bathing in bed.
I´, clearing out the spare room at the moment, you´re welcome to it if you want :)

 
At 11:02 am, Blogger Patty said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm getting over a sinus infection, but thank goodness have had no lung problem. Several times I did have to cough so hard, I thought I was going to strangle on the mucus that had acculmated from the drainage, and the more you cough, the less air you seem to have and it just feels like it is covering the wind pipe and you can't get more air. But thank goodenss that has only happened twice this time.

I did have a lung problem about ten years ago, something called sarcoidosis, doctored for almost two years, finally got better and I also learned to live with it while I had it, which wasn't easy, because you can't breath right. Then they make you do this breathing test and you think you're going to pass out. But that's all in the past. Thank goodness.

Our oldest daughter got whooping cough when she was in the 7th. grade, and it was terrible.

Take care, hope you have a good week-end.

 
At 1:01 pm, Blogger Portlairge said...

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. I am glad that you won;t have to see the boss' wife though. Do you have to go to the farewell luncheon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker