Sunday, August 27, 2006

A question for my knitting pals

I want to start a knitting journal - as I know many of you have. I totally surprise myself that I don't have one already as my whole life everyone has been laughing at me for the lists I constantly make. I used to have a list of everything in the pantry, including notes on use by dates, etc, so I could plan meals without wastage, know exactly what I had when I went to the supermarket (if I saw something on special that wasn't on my shopping list) etc. I stopped after we were married as Hubbs would never cross something off the list if he used it - so I was constantly out of date.

Anyhow, I came across a knitting journal for sale on ebay and whilst I wasn't prepared to pay the price they were asking (I think it was over $12 in the bidding and it had a week to go), I took note of the categories in that knitting journal in preparation of making my own.

These were the categories:

"It features pages that include start date, completion date, name of garment, needle size, yarn used , a place to put the lablel and a photo of the garment. It also has a place for a needle inventory and a needle conversion chart."

My question to you is: Should I record anything else?

Thank you - I hope you are all having a great weekend.

6 Comments:

At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen in Nigella Lawson's cookbooks how she says where she got the recipe from, a bit of background, what is significant about the recipe, why she likes it... Maybe you could do something like that in your knitting journal? If that makes sence?

 
At 6:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you got the wool - and the cost?
seepi

 
At 11:45 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Bugs, Starting a knitting journal is a good idea, though it does take commitment and means you cant create any new UFO's. That can be hard to do. Good luck and let us know how you go.

 
At 6:03 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Bugsy, I am so going to come to you for kinitting lessons when I am back in Melbourne!

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I don't have a knitting journal as such but I write down everything that I complete.

It is amazing to find out how many projects that you get finished when you write them down.

Cathy

 
At 3:54 pm, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Gosh ... I don't know. A knitting journal might be useful.

I think I'd also like to know how many stitches I cast on, especially if it was a hat, scarf or blanket. Of course it's important to know the size of the needle and yarn type - but those # of cast on stitches is VERY important in my opinion. At least for me, it often happens that I'll start making something and realize it's too wide, or not wide enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker