Friday, August 11, 2006

Incredible timing

I received this email today from the Bonnie Babes foundation. When you read it, check out the date I sent the email to them originally:

Dear Bugsy,

My name is Simone and I am with the Bonnie Babes foundation. I have just become aware of your email and am very sorry for your loss. I would be happy to send you one of our grief book to help you through this difficult time.

Additionally we have Grief Counsellors available if you feel you need someone to talk to, in your time of need. You can contact us directly by emailing:
enquiry@bbf.org.au or phoning (03) 9803 1800 for our 24hr grief counselling that is available to you.

Once again I apologise for the very late reply but hopefully we are still able to assist you.

Kind Regards,
Simone

From Bugsy to Bonnie Babes Foundation Oct 2003:

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could send me a copy of "You are part of our lives and will always live in our hearts" booklet.

We lost a baby through a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks back in August and I am having some trouble moving forward. I am doing okay but just need some help moving on.

Thank you


I wrote back immediately and said that I would still like the booklet if possible, and I will keep their number handy as I have just been through my third miscarriage and once again I am really struggling.

It is very sweet of them, and they are a wonderful organisation. My email must have just gotten lost somewhere. Very sweet of her to write back to me - talk about timing!

I have been okay today. I met up with a friend for coffee - first time I have made contact with anyone since we lost the baby. It was hard - very hard. I welled up so many times, and she knew it, and was compassionate about it. But I didn't out and out cry.

I had to drive past where I work to get there. I did consider stopping by and just seeing how I went seeing everyone again, but I guess I will see how it goes on Monday. I am prepared to just walk out if I can't handle it - I don't owe that place anything and my motivation to go out of my way for that place is dwindling since I know my position there will not be a long term one any more.

In other news, I got my dishcloth exchange partner which is very exciting and my dishclothes when they are all made, will be winging their way overseas! How cool is that. Must get busy and select another pattern to do.

I picked up most of the rest of my patterns etc for my embroidery machine today - whoo hoo - There is going to be a lot of fun to be had with them in the near future I can tell you.

Must go eat. I haven't eaten today and I just realised I am starving. Silly me.

Hope you are all well.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 am, Blogger squarepeg said...

Hi Bugsy, I just found your blog when I was searching for blogs of fellow IFers who also knit. I confess my skills are not nearly close to your's, but I think that doing something in which I control the outcome helps me deal with the IF nonsense.

I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. I am still making my way through your archives, but I can already tell that you've had enough heartbreak.
((hugs))

 
At 6:49 am, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

That is eerie timing. I know a little of Bonnie Babes and know they do fantastic work.

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Sounds like a great organization! I'm SO happy that you are excited about the dishcloth exchange. I wasn't so sure if it would take off or not, when it was just me and Sharon talking about it! ((HUGS)) and Happy Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker