Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hubbs did spoil me

After I went and "donated" two more vials of blood, we went shopping and Hubbs suprised me by bying me this:

It is a Janome 300E - an embroidery only machine - just beautiful. He knows I have been looking at it for a while, so he decided to get it for me. I tried everything I could to talk him out of it, as, to be honest, I really wanted to save the money instead, but he wasn't being talked out of it for anything. So I now am the proud owner of this awesome machine. I have been playing with it since we got home - totally awesome.

Of course it is going to take some practice to get any good at it, but I am having fun practicing with it.

Then we went and updated our phone handsets - great new phones - very cool - they seem to get better every time we update them. I felt like we had been on a huge spending spree (the phones didn't cost us a thing - we really like our phone carrier and they told us if we agreed to stay with them for another 12 months, we could have the handsets for nothing - cool).

How am I going to fit in knitting, embroidering things, and playing with my new phone ? I may never sleep again.

Hubbs is totally the best husband I have ever had (ok - the only husband I have ever had) - but he is pretty amazing. He told me he has been saving for ages to get me this machine (it is pretty pricey - well over the $1000 mark).

Oh and yesterday we did the Australian census form. Hubbs would not let me tick both "husband or wife" and "brother or sister" in the "how is person 2 related to person 1?" question - he is no fun at all. I thought that would give the census people a good laugh. I think I am the one with the twisted humour. I also wanted to ring his mum up at every question, ask her the question, wait for the answer and then say "thanks bye" and hang up until the next question - he wouldn't do that either. Spoil sport.

p.s. Katt - I got my opal sock yarn today - yippeeee

4 Comments:

At 11:17 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Niiiiiiiiiiice sewing/embroidery machine.

My poor sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day for a long time as miss 4 takes quite a bit of looking after at times so it's not safe to have it out with her around.

Cathy

 
At 7:26 am, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Your husband is a nice one! The whole craft world is alien to me but I am jealous of you folk who can go to Spotlight or Lincraft and actually buy stuff for a purpose!

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Bugsy

I have the same machine and its great i can email u some patterns if you like, my husband also encouraged me to buy it after we lost our first baby and it has made me a little happier but of course all i want to do is make baby stuff but i have a new nephew coming so i am going to amke things for him and my neice and i also like doing towels with names on them a nice surprise for family i did at christmas everyone got a towel hope you enjoy it and carnt wait for u to post pictures of all the things you make

sharon

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Wow your husband is definitely a keeper! I'll keep you in my thoughts about your blood work AND that you don't have to go back again! LOL. ((HUGS))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker