Tuesday, August 08, 2006

tests explained

Thank you Dr.J, Thank you everyone. I now have a little bit of an understanding of what they are about to test on my body.

I agree though, sometimes too much information can be a bad thing. I started googling fetal chromosome testing and ended up getting far more information than I really should have gotten. Like most of the time what they are testing is a combination of both the fetal and maternal tissue so the test can be skewed and sometimes is not really valid at all. Also the stats of having another miscarriage after having 3 go way up. I now have a 40% chance of a miscarriage with any pregnancy I have. Great - 40% - that is very high.

If I can ever get Hubbs out of bed we will go for our tests. I have been fasting so i am starting to get a little hungry. Sooner I get the test over with, the sooner we are on our way to knowing something - or nothing.

I have been working on Hubb's jumper and it grew a whole inch yesterday (which I think is great as with 109 stitches, one row takes forever).

3 Comments:

At 7:41 am, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Good Morning Bugsy...

I do hope all went well getting the tests done...

MrsHUGS

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm sorry that you're going through this and about the statistics. 40%...gulp. Sending good thoughts your way.

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Thinking of you Bugs! Stats, schmats! I know of several women, myself included that have had 3 or more miscarriages and had a baby afterwards. Also, make sure they test your TSH, of thyroid hormone. That is what we found out caused two of mine. ((HUGS))!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker