Monday, July 31, 2006

Our nice day out. - Part 2

After viewing the mansion, we spent a few hours wandering around the grounds of the estate. It was so peaceful, so restful. It was exactly what I needed. Hubbs could not have picked a better place to bring me to - It was perfect for me.

The grounds consist of several acres of lawn, interwoven lakes, bridges, tunnels etc. Everywhere you went there were seats. We sat a lot and watched the water. I find water very calming. It has a life of it's own - so full of energy, yet pond water is never in a hurry.

This was one of the views overlooking the lake and bridges. The grounds also boast 400 different types of ferns. They are truly beautiful grounds.

This is a picture Hubbs snapped of me on one of the bridges. I found it very theuropetic to stop and just watch the water, watching it travel under the bridge. There was no thinking of jumping off this bridge - the water was only about a foot deep.

I laughed when we saw this sign. The water was, as I said, only about a foot deep. It was also covered in algae and we could see large fish (up to 2 foot long) in there, as well as lots and lots of eels - eewwww.
Just outside the mansion I spotted this tree. Obviously the tree had been here for hundreds of years. It has survived so much. Then I noticed that it has even beaten the fence that had been placed around it. In fact it has grown right on over the fence just as if it was supposed to. Talk about survival despite the odds.


Here is a closeup of the tree growing around the fence. I really admired this tree. It has survived so many years. It grew and flourished despite the boundaries of the fence. It never let a little bit of steel and wood get in the way of how it needed to live. Perhaps I need to take a "leaf" (please excuse the pun) out of this tree's book.


So it was a lovely day. I cried, but less. It was quite an escape from the horror my life has been. Hubbs was attentive all day, and all night. He made me come home and rest. I was tired, but I was okay.

7 Comments:

At 10:10 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I am glad you had a nice day. You deserve it and need it.

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day. Max and I were lucky enough to see Rippon Lea last March when we were in Melbourne. The house is very magestic and the gardens are very, very serene. Truly beautiful. I took some great photos of the lillies in the ponds. :)

Well done Hubbs.

Take care

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Tara said...

You have a such a caring husband. I'm happy you could escape for a little while.

 
At 11:47 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Hubbs is so thoughtful! I'm happy that you had such a nice time.

I love trees like that.

 
At 12:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you to see how you're doing and see this nice post. Hooray for Hubs for taking you to such a nice place. Glad you could enjoy it. I hope you continue to feel okay.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...
Glad you had a lovely day..
Some awesome pics...
I would have camped out on one of those bridges and wasted the whole day watching the water, that would have been bliss for me...
Take care...
MrsHUGS

 
At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Hubbs.
We visited Rippon Lea once as my grandma is in a nursing home near there. It was raining though so we missed the gardens - looks lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker