Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Struggling

Hey guys. I didn't want to post any more sadness. I am so sick of it all. But I don't know where else to turn. I need to get this out somehow, somewhere. I have nobody else who really understands. Those around me try to understand but they don't. They just have no idea and I feel so frustrated that I feel like I can't get through to them. So that brings me back to here. I hope nobody minds.

I am not feeling so good. My emotions are so out there - I still have the puffy sore eyes because I am still crying so much. My sister's fiance was here today (he wanted me to mind their cat for a while while their place was open for inspection). He told me I looked so pale - I never realised this - but after he left I went and looked and I am as white as a ghost. I am so incredibly dizzy I have trouble looking at the computer screen. I can't walk entirely straight because of the dizziness.

He upset me greatly. He told me that if anything happened to him (he supposedly has an inoperable brain tumour - personnally I think it is all made up), that I had to get to my sister quick because he thinks she will kill herself. I burst into tears and told him to shut up - I said I just can't cope with conversations like that at the moment, with all I am going through. She told me just last week that if something happened to him she would come back to be near me - she gave no indication that she would do anything rash, and quite seriously I don't think she would. I mean we have been through some pretty hard times over the years and she didn't consider doing anything then! Hubbs is always saying that they just think of themselves, well by him saying that to me today, when I am in such a fragile state already, I think I know that for sure.

The day we found out we had lost this baby, I spoke to her fiance, and asked him to tell my sister when she got home from work. I didn't want to tell her when she was at work. He instantly said "we will be over tonight" and I said to him in a very forceful voice "please do not come over tonight. I don't want to see anyone today" - he said "but your sister will want to be with you" and I said "I appreciate that, but you have to understand, this is our last night with our baby - we just want the time to be together, and give us time to say goodbye. I need to be with my baby tonight - I need to say goodbye. Regardless of what you or my sister want, Hubbs and I need to be alone with our baby for our last night together". A couple of hours later they turned up and I was so upset. I sat in my chair and cried and hardly spoke to them. They left 30 minutes later. I think it was very selfish of them not to respect our wishes.

so I couldn't believe that he said what he said to me today. He has no idea just how fragile I am at the moment.

I am rambling but I just feel like I need to get all this stuff out - in whatever order if comes out in.

I am also beginning to wonder if I have either a UTI (I hope this is all it is) or an infection. My stomach is really sore, and it hurts when I go to the loo - not a burning sensation but rather a sharp pain in my side. Please don't let it be an infection - I really do not need that.

I just don't know about this dizziness either - it is really bad. I can't even knit because that involves looking down. Last night if I rolled over, I could count more than 40 seconds before the waves of dizziness settled down.

15 million times a day I think about the babies I have lost. I think about them and I cry. I cannot believe this has happened to us. I cannot believe we lost this latest baby, when I felt so confident on the inside that this one was going to make it. I want my babies back. I feel so very cheated. I wonder every minute whether it was something I did wrong (was it the cold I got? Was it the way I slept? Was it something i ate, or drank or didn't eat or drink? Did I not get enough water? What the hell happened?) or was it something that was wrong with my baby? Are Hubbs and i just genetically incompatible? I just want to know what went wrong.

I have put away all the things that remind of this baby. It was so hard to do this. I felt like I was closing a door on a part of my life. Like I was cutting my own arm off. I put them in the box of hpts, emails, teddy bears, ultrasound pictures etc from my last two pregnancies. I opened the box and a whole new range of pain hit me. I lovingly touched the things inside, remembering my babies and telling them again how much love I have for them. Then I placed the new offering into the box. As I closed the lid I said "I never want to have to place anything else in this box".

I just don't know what happened. I feel so sad, so helpless, so empty. I am so dizzy all the time and I don't know how to get on with life. I can't even use my "keep busy" theory with this dizziness plaguing me.

I don't want to see anyone, I don't want to speak to anyone. I want to stop hurting. I want my heart to function without pain. I want to be whole again (how can I ever be whole?). I want to stop crying all the time.

I just don't know how to get through each day. I know this is just a bad time for me right now - I know it will get better. I just wish I could fast forward to that time.

I wish my baby was back. I want my baby.

8 Comments:

At 6:25 pm, Blogger Mony said...

It is such a struggle for me to find the right words. Bugsy, I am so sorry I have not left you a comment before now, the truth is I read your post after the u/s and the d/c and I just had to turn away from that awful, awful news. I couldn't bear to read it. I was so stunned, so devestated. How could this be? No heartbeat? But I'd heard it with my own ears? Why was this happening? I just don't know how you find the strength & courage to move on. A BFN is heartbreaking, but to lose a child that is safely growing within you, not once but twice....that is suffering beyond reason. I am so, so sad & confused & reeling for you. I can never say I understand, but I am your friend & here to listen to any rant you want & to soak up your angry, heartbroken words & hold them here. Darling girl, you deserve so much more.

 
At 1:06 am, Blogger Paige said...

Oh Bugsy I am so sorry, it is hard to find the words to say how much I am thinking of you even though you don't know me. You should go into the doc about your dizziness and pain.

just know we are all here for you, if you need anything help is just a click away.

 
At 4:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more person voting for heading to the doctor. I know this is the LAST person you want to see right now but antibiotics may be needed. Dizziness and paleness are worrisome as well (anemia?) -- you may be needing some iron supplements and extra fluids to help get your blood volume back up to speed.

The emotions are tough enough without the physical stuff thrown in as well. Get seen, get better, and the world will look brighter.

Hang in there!

 
At 5:58 am, Blogger Summer said...

Yes, Bugsy. Please, please go see a doctor. I know the last thing you want to do right now is to be around people, but the dizziness and the pain is worrisome.

I wish I could speed up time for you and speed up your healing. I wish I had more for you than just words. I'm so sorry.

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Bugsy, I hope you went to the doctor. I had this with my 1st d&C (I had 3 total). It ended up being a really nasty infection requiring IV antibiotics.

As someone who has been there right where you are, I know you dont want to hear this but it will get better. When you are feeling better you and Hubbs should do something in memory of your baby. We planed a rose bush and we dig it up and take it with us everytime we move. It's a constant, but peaceful reminder. ((HUGS))

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger Serendipity said...

Bugsy, I am new to your blog...I found the link from Katt's blog.

I am very sorry to hear about your baby. It brings back memories when I went through the same thing. Please go to your doctor about the dizziness...I am worried about internal bleeding. That pain on your side, check it out. Mine turned out to be liver necrosis. It's fine now.

Sending you lots of healing light and positive thoughts. There's no right words to say about a loss so profound. For me, time was the only thing that got me through along with a good dose of friends and husbandly support. You seem to have those too.

Hugs from Texas to you.

 
At 2:57 am, Blogger Kris said...

I wish you had your baby back, too. This is all so unfair. I know you are sick of all the sadness, but we're all here for you when you need to let it out.

Please see someone about the dizziness and pain. Take care.

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger Arutunian family said...

Bugsy,

I just wanted to tell you that I am right there with you. I found out on July 27th that my first baby, first pregnancy ever after 1.5 years of infertility struggles didn't have a heartbeat. I was only 7weeks along. I feel exactly the same way as you do. Tears are coming down my face as I write this. I stumbled upon your blog just looking for some comfort of others going through this too. You are in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker