Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yes I am alive - really I is!

I really am still alive. Things have been busy. Alex has been continually sick with one thing or the other. I really hate daycare for making him so ill. He got bronchitis and I was home for 2 weeks with him until he was better, then he was only back at daycare 1 week and he got gastro, then both Hubbs and I also got gastro! absolutely disgusting it was. Ohh and then we gave Nana gastro too. Fun.

I am incredibly busy with work as well. In fact I worked almost all weekend remotely (nana came over to help with alex yesterday while I looked after crisis hotspots). I have no idea where the rest of my time goes. Either i am working at the shop, or doing something with Alex. (in fact it has taken me all day to write this blog post!)

Alex is thriving. He is over 15 months old now and running everywhere. Every day he grows up a little more and every day i am reminded that he is more knowing than i give him credit for. He seems to understand everything. I can ask him where something is and he will run and get it and bring it back to me.

He will eat really well with a spoon and doesn't make that much mess really. He eats pretty much everything we put in front of him (except if he isn't feeling well).

He has 11 teeth (4 top front, 4 top bottom and 3 of his "first molars") and it really hurts when he bites!

He has finally decided to say Mumma. He says quite a bit (most not totally recognisable though). eg "ish" is "fish", "eueueue" is "hello" (when talking on a phone). "ah ya ya" seems to be"I love you" in response to me telling him I love him. etc

He runs up to us and gives us the biggest hugs - wrapping his arms around our legs and looking up and smiling.

He can do kisses - but is very sparse with them - he really isn't a very cuddly kid.

He is very artistic. He loves doing artwork at daycare and they say he holds his paint brush or sponge brush perfectly and sits quietly concentrating on his art for ages at a time.

He hates me being at the computer and pinches the mouse at every opportunity.

He loves tv and gets the remote and presses buttons to change channels lol. He works everything out really quickly.

He loves to build things with his blocks and can sit quietly for ages putting blocks on top of each other.

He just is continually amazing me, day after day.

Personally things have been a little tough. I won't go into it but let me just say some money and a new husband would certainly improve things lol.

I will leave you with a few of my favorite recent pics.

New videos are up on Youtube as well - You can find them here--> http://au.youtube.com/user/bugsy1970au

p.s. if you want to add me as a friend on facebook send me your email addy for facebook and i will add you (i will tell you that this is bugsy when i do so you know who i am).

A tired little man:

OK - so maybe , just maybe he does have a little bit of red in his hair:
My current favorite pic - Alex and I :
My cheeky boy! He loves this cap and can put it on himself. Actually he loves hats and shoes.

A picture from today that just makes me smile:
What a poser!
Take care all.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Blogger Meg said...

Oh, what a big boy! My email is journeytothecentre(AT)hotmail.com for facebook. xx

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Sisssssssssss...I was wondering where you were, I have missed you heaps xoox
Tell that daycare to wash their hands more ( the single most effective way of ridding germs) and keep the other sick kids at home....it really gives me the total shits when I take Ty Ty to daycare and I see 3 or 4 kids with green noses coughing over everyone....I lose the plot...

Can you tell ...LOL..
Hope you are all feeling better xoxox

 
At 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol how can you say he isnt a red head when his hair is the same colour as yours..

its a right bugger about Alex constantly being sick. Pulling him from daycare will be better for his health, but he seems to love it there so much. Its a tough call and sucks that you have to choose.

you have one amazing little man there, and thats simply because he has one amazing mum!!!

 
At 4:25 pm, Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

Look at the precious little boy!

Glad to see you back and hope you all are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker