Thursday, April 07, 2005

A heart full of tears

One of the girls here at work who is on maternity leave just came in for a visit. She spots me, hands me her 11 week old son Taj, and says "mind him for a minute, I will be back soon" and I found myself holding this very precious little bundle. It happened so fast that I had no choice other than hold him. Given the choice I would have politely refused and bolted. She has no idea how painful it is. I think if she did know though, she would be one of those people who would thrust her child upon me anyway, to help me "get over it".

Taj is so cute. It felt good holding him, but now that I have handed him back, my heart is full of tears.

I just have to hold it in for another 1.5 hours! Then I can cry all the way home.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 am, Blogger Sara said...

Oh Bugsy . . .

I know how that goes. Babies, babies everywhere at my work, too. I am making a brave step and going to see a friend of mine next Tuesday. I haven't seen her little one in a while now.

The weekend is nearly here . . :-)

 
At 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Bugs.

Was he named after the character on Neighbours?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker