Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Saving Money in Melbourne.

Still here in the land of living.

I have had the worst ovulation pains in the last few days and when not working I can be found curled up on the couch, too sore to even knit (arrgghhh).

Hubbs is okay. Saturday night he scared me quite a bit by being violently ill, throwing up and being weak. Poor pet couldn't stand or walk or anything and I had a hard time getting him back to his chair. Luckily that has settled down a lot. He still isn't eating very well and I am racking my brains to find interesting things for him to eat. He is so sick of mashed potato or mashed veggies of any sort really. Tonight I went to the fish and chip shop and got him a piece of grilled flake which he cut up into tiny pieces and some steamed dim sims. That made him pretty happy.

I hope those of you who recently visited Melbourne enjoyed yourself even though we have freezing weather and lots of rain at the moment.

I am into "saving money" mode at the moment. I joined a website called "www.simplesavings.com.au" which is filled with hints on how to save money. It isn't too bad and luckily I joined before the price rise, so it was only $27 for a year. For the last two weeks I have been using one of the tips - cooking your own dog food, and I have saved $9 a week just doing that alone. Another week and I have paid off the first years membership. If I keep reading and use more of the hints, I should see some good savings.

I also joined the Melbourne freecycle Yahoo group. It is pretty cool but you have to be quick about deciding you want something or it is gone. It is a yahoo group where you list things you want to give away and everyone else snaps them up. A real "feel good" place. I keep looking around my house wondering what I can give to someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker