Thursday, August 04, 2005

The bear with the sore head becomes a Gummy Bear

I am plodding along. Hubbs has his dental results and unfortunately he has to have two wisdom teeth out, two teeth out next to his wisdom teeth that have been impacted from his wisdom teeth and are now infected, and the roots out of three other teeth that had previously been removed (but obviously they didn't get all the roots). So tomorrow we go to the dental surgeon in the city where he will have all 7 items removed. Yep - 7. He said he could go on his own, but there is no way I am letting him go do all that, and drive home on his own, so this good little wife will go with him (with knitting in tow as I think I might be there a little while).

I don't think he realises just how sore he is going to be for a few days (up to a week I think). Remember, he is not going in to have a general - he is going to do all of this just in the chair with local anaesthetic! I think he is crazy.

So I am making Jelly tonight, and I will get some custard, so he has some nice soft things to eat. I also have to work on my level of patience with him, so that his grumpy mood doesn't get to me.

I have to try to be good.

Bad news is that I am likely to ovulate in the next week too. So much for a great clomid cycle. I think it will be a completely wasted cycle. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

I am feeling a little better today. Yesterday I had a swollen uvula (stop thinking what you were thinking - it is the little dangly thing in your throat in between your tonsils). I still have my tonsils and they are a little infected too. My glands are swollen too. I think I have mild tonsilitis, but it does feel a little better this afternoon. The salt water gargles must be doing something.

I am starting to feel a little more positive now too. Today I told myself that I will have a baby. one day. I will. I even said out loud " I AM going to have a baby". Of course, this positiveness will be fleeting, but I will try to hang on to it as long as possible.

Oh and I did something very embarrassing today. We have a company internal chat service. I was talking to a colleague interstate, and a director came to my desk and said "can I interrupt for a second?". I hastily typed in "hang on a sec" but I mistyped. Instead of the c in Sec, I hit the key to the left of C. Yep I typed "hang on a sex". I then hastily typed "omg I am so sorry that should have been seC". I went bright red, and the director looked at me, looked at the screen and smiled.

Pretty sad huh.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a god-awful wisdom-teeth extraction story, but I'll refrain from telling it. Your hubbs has my full sympathy. And he certainly will be in no state to drive afterwards. What was he thinking?

Dont give up on the possibility of some action though. Monkey Boy was still available at the required time despite very nasty gastro once. Unfortunately, this gave me the gastro twelve hours later.

And stop cracking on to your workmates!

 
At 6:07 pm, Blogger muser said...

Hello sweets,

I am in the midst of root canal work on one tooth (also had 3 fillings).. anyway I can confirm your Hubbs should experience several days of pain from one root canal alone.. so multiply that by 7?!?! The poor dear won't even be able to restrict chewing to one side.

Well.. I hope you both cope. I suggest pain killer purchasing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker