Sunday, September 03, 2006

Craft update and other stuff

Thanks for all your comments. I think I am prepared now to begin a knitting journal and will start it with these dishcloths I have been doing.

I have been doing some machine embroidery. Mum in law was impressed with the bag I did for her birthday. Here are pictures of the front and back. Note - I didn't make the bag, just machine stitched the embroidery pieces on it and hand stitched them in place. The bag itself was just plain hot pink.

I have completed all three dishcloths now - here is the second one I did. I don't like the pattern as much as the ostrich plume one I did, but it is still a nice pattern.

For my third dishcloth I decided to do something a little different and tried my hand at Illusion knitting. With illusion knitting the piece reveals a pattern if held at the right angle.

So here is the finished piece - viewed straight on - not much to be seen here, basic stripes with some stitch changes evident.

Here is the same cloth viewed from a different angel. Hello Kitty!
Neat huh.

I am doing okay, but most days are such a struggle. Usually I start off okay and then something or someone does or says something to set me off. Some days are harder than others. Most times I feel so bad that I think posting more about it is such a bad idea - I am sure you are well and truly sick of hearing that I am having yet another emotional day.

Tomorrow we go for our follow up appointment and hopefully get all our test results. I am a little scared of what they are going to say but I guess we deal with them tomorrow and perhaps have some idea of what the future has in store for us. Will I ever get my baby? I don't know that I will ever have the answer for that.

In other news, my sister sold her house yesterday. She also put in an offer on a property in Yarram about 2 hours away. She told me last night that we had to start getting prepared to sell up and move there too, because she can't bear to be too far away from me. For our whole lives we have lived no more than 500 metres away from each other. It is going to be hard for me to be without her, I can tell you that.

I so want to move. I think we need a change. But I can't move that far away, not while I am so close to medical assistance for IVF. I would just make things so much more difficult. Although I am still in two minds whether to even try again, until we decide for sure I don't want to make life even more difficult for us by moving to the middle of nowhere. I am sure a country life is in our future, but not for a few years at least.

My sister's new property is small, only 2.5 acres, but has chooks, ducks, and a cow. It has a nice 4 bedroom home on it, and room for about 40 dog kennels so they can finally open their dog boarding kennel that they want to do. It is also only 1.5 kms from 90 mile beach (you can see the jetty flags from the house). I only hope we find something just as nice when we finally move there.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

The bag is gorgeous. You have such talent as you are still only learning to machine embroider.

Watch out world, here comes Bugsy.

I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuv the illusion kitty. It's beautiful.

Cathy

 
At 7:00 pm, Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Bugsy,
the bag does look good well done, now about your sister moving to Yarram i do know that they do IVF & OI in Sale which is not far from Yarram my husbands cousin did it there, I also live in Moe and it only takes 1.5hrs to get to Clayton i could go to the Sale clinic and it would only be less then 1 hr but i like my nurses in Clayton just a thought if you do want a change from city life.

 
At 1:39 am, Blogger Summer said...

That's a great bag.

Good luck on the appointment tomorrow, I hope you get some answers.

 
At 7:33 am, Blogger Betty said...

Hi Bugsy, that illusion dishcloth is very clever! I think it would make doing the dishes a tad more exciting!
A change might be a good thing for you, especially if you get to be close to your sister. making big decisions like that might be really hard just now though. Hang in there Bugs. I hope the test results are good to hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker