Monday, December 04, 2006

another scan down

I did the second scan today and can't say it was very positive.

Left Ovary 9 follies total, only 3 good ones, 17mm. 14mm. 10mm
Right Ovary 5 or 6 follies, 10mm and maybe 4 or 5 others much smaller

I am to continue doing the gonal F injections, and she said they will probably schedule collection for Friday but she thinks if we get 3 eggs we will be lucky. they don't want to lose the 17mm one so will likely do collection when that one is still good, instead of waiting for some others to catch up.

Right Ovary played up again and she had a terrible time trying to see it - ended up doing the u/s on the outside and got a better look then.

Feeling very sad, and I know I shouldn't let it get to me because they may get more when they go in, and if we do the trigger on Wed the others might step up to the mark (maybe). So much for getting some to freeze - we will be lucky if we get 2 to transfer back.

When has my body ever done anything correctly?

8 Comments:

At 12:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're disappointed, but I bet you're right and they get more when they go in.

And all you need is one, really ... the rest is gravy.

Hope you can keep your spirits up ... you deserve this!

 
At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bugsy, I'm sorry. I also feel like my body can't do anything right. I hope they do get more when they go in. Thinking about you- I know this is so hard.

 
At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy - please dont get too upset yet - as they always say - you only need one good egg/embryo for you to achieve your dream.

As for Gonal-f - from my own experience (and of others), although it is a very reactive drug, it is not as `controlled' as Puregon. But once you get your Gonal dosage right (and use it for long enough) you get great results. It is unfortunatley a bit of a trial and error as we are all at the mercies of our body. I am crossing everything I have for you to have good eggs for collection on friday.

Hang in there mate.

 
At 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only need one or two really.

And this first cycle is a bit of a test run for your gonal-f dosages etc.

Fingers crossed some of those littlies catch up!

seepi

 
At 8:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right they could get more in the end and get to the ones that are hiding.

Good luck !

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger Thalia said...

Are you going for another scan before they schedule your retrieval? Because if those smaller ones on either side are growing, I would suggest you ask them again if it's worth waiting a little, and letting the 17mm one go if necessary. Much better to lose that one than to lose 6 smaller ones. Of course if they aren't growing, then it's worth just getting those larger ones you have now.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I have everything crossed for you on Friday.

Good luck.

Cathy

 
At 6:40 am, Blogger Summer said...

I know how disappointing it is when you are hoping for one thing and are getting something less than you hoped for.

If growing follicle thoughts help at all, know that I am sending you many and often.

Hope to hear good news on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker