Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Happy Birthday to Me
36 and still as barren as can be
Another year and no progress
As my age Increases
Fertility Decreases
and I get even further from my goal

I should be hearing "Happy Birthday Mummy"
but my house is silent.
No badly made cards
No macaroni necklaces
No cold toast with too much vegemite
No weeds from the garden

Am I going to be saying the same things in a years time?

I really don't want to do this any more. Don't want to feel this way. Don't want to be child-less or child-free.

If I had some money I might be going retail therapy shopping today but an IVF up front payment killed that idea.

I will have to think about doing something nice. Perhaps I will do some knitting since it has been 2 weeks since I have done any of that.

Yesterday I had the absolute nicest day. I met fellow bloggers Mari and Ali (and lil' Mooey) for lunch and it was so wonderful to sit and chat to people who understand how I am feeling. Unfortunately poor Meg had car trouble and never made it, despite all her valiant efforts, and the others were unable to make it as well, but we still had fun.

I hope we can do this again very soon. I realised just how little time I actually spend with other people, except for being at work. I really needed that so thank you ladies!

7 Comments:

At 8:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you do some special things for yourself today, because you certainly deserve it. Sending you birthday wishes all the way from Austin, Texas, USA ......

 
At 8:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweetness XOXOXO

hope hubbs spoils you rotten

may you get your wish for next year's birthday :)

 
At 9:05 am, Blogger Summer said...

Happy Birthday, Bugsy.

I hope you have a great day and this coming year is better than the last.

 
At 12:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you do get to do something special and that all of your birthday wishes come true.

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Steff said...

Happy birthday - I hope the year ahead is the best ever and all your dreams are fullfilled

 
At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Happy B'day. I'm glad you had a great luch. I will hopefully make the next one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker