Sunday, November 12, 2006

This is just not fair

Belinda Emmett lost her battle with cancer - aged only 32.

Since she was first diagnosed, I have admired her strength and the positive attitude she lived with every day. She was determined not to let the depression and gravity of cancer get to her and I wish I had half the strength she did.

My heart goes out to her family, including her husband Rove McManus, who loved her unconditionally - if only everyone could experience that kind of love.

You will be missed Belinda - Rest well my dear.

2 Comments:

At 1:14 pm, Anonymous Lucy said...

I am lucky enough to be a cancer nurse here in the States. I feel so honored to be a part of my patients' lives. Those who live with cancer are the toughest of souls ... and usually the most wonderful, too. I learn something every single day that I work at the cancer clinic. And nothing puts life in perspective quite like hanging out with cancer patients. It's just such a gift.

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Katt said...

She will be sadly missed. I still remember watching her on Home and Away many years ago.

I feel for Rove. He has to be taking this very badly (being as he may never go back to his show).

Only positive is she is now without pain.

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker