Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A mini freak out

Yesterday I got the go ahead to start the pill, so last night I took the first one - the process has begun.

Today, I have been in tears most of the day. The clinic called this morning to book me into both the counceling and the nurses session - and the only day I can get for both is 14th November - which is fine except they want the full amount (nearly $4000) paid on the day, and we just don't have all the money. I will have the money on the following day - 15th, when I get paid. So I freaked out, cried that it was all over, asked my MIL for a loan (but she isn't able to help much either). I rang Hubbs who said something like "well - find it or cancel it - one or the other" - this from the man who at our appointment Monday ignored my tears, ignored my "i am not sure" comments and told the Prof that "yes - let's do this".

I rang banks and discussed increasing the credit card limit, I spoke to accounts about a payment plan (not allowed unless you have done 3 ivfs already), work about getting paid a day earlier (no can do - it is a bulk process). then sat and cried some more. My dream was flying out the window as I cried.

Then the accounts supervisor from the clinic called me and suggested I discuss with my nurse doing the nurses portion a day or so later, as I don't have to pay until I have done that bit. Unfortunately my nurse is unavailable today so I will have to call her tomorrow to see if this is possible without delaying our cycle so much that it can't be done before christmas. Let's hope it can be done because I think I am out of options other than trying to put ourselves in debt a little more and I am not even sure that is possible.

I hate this. I just want to have none of this stress. All I want is a baby and I hate to think that a material thing like money is going to stop me doing this.

So sick of the tears. Jayen - why did you leave us honey. Why couldn't you have stayed.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Blogger muser said...

DO they accept cheques? Do you have a chequebook? Maybe you could write the cheque knowing that money will go into the account the next day.
I hope you get some other ideas. :\

 
At 1:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, I'm so sorry. You would think the clinic has come upon this before... won't they let you post-date the check by one day?

 
At 2:44 am, Blogger squarepeg said...

Of all the places you are dealing with - work, bank, clinic - I would think the clinic would be the most understanding and flexible on this matter. Surely you cannot be the only person ever in this situation, and it's not like you can't EVER pay them - it's just a day.

I hope you are able to sort it out, and in the meantime, I wish I could give you a big hug. You've had enough on your plate for a long time, and it's just no fair to throw another roadblock your way...

 
At 8:47 am, Blogger Summer said...

Unbelievable! I can't imagine it won't be possible for the clinic to let you pay a day later just because of the scheduling. I hope the nurse will get back to you soon and it can be sorted out.

If the Prof was willing to fast track you and get you started so quickly, maybe he has some influence in getting a different nurses session for a later date that won't delay your cycle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker