Sunday, October 15, 2006

A life this exciting- how do I cope?

Last week Hubbs went to the doctors about his ingrown toenail, and was told to come back on Friday and the GP would have a proper look at it and see how much had to be cut out. Fearing that he would not be able to put his motorbike boot on to come home, I took the time off work and took him to the doctors. Lucky I did, because they removed his whole toenail on his big toe! The whole nail!

Poor baby was in a fair bit of pain. He said the worst bit was the 4 needles that the doc put into his big toe to numb it enough to then cut out the whole nail including the nail bed.

It was going okay until about 11pm that night when he stood up to go to the toilet and as soon as he put his foot on the floor "splllliiiitttt" his toe split open in two places and started bleeding profusely. I was asleep but woke quickly and had to put my first aid training in place to stop the bleeding.

Saturday he went back and had it assessed and redressed - all looks okay now. It will just take time.

After he had a snooze he woke again in pain, but took the painkiller on an empty stomach and ended up having a reaction and throwing it all up again - poor baby!

So while Hubbs was resting yesterday I spent a very exciting afternoon replacing the elastic in my hair scrunchies! Yes i know you are jealous that you don't get to experience all this fun. I have about 15 scrunchies but only two were functional because in the others the elastic had all perished. So now I have them all back functional again - yay.


Oh and I nearly forgot - on Friday I dropped into Big W and got 10 balls of Sean Sheep 100% wool (the last they had of it) - noice:

3 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I agree with Katt as that yarn is a beautiful colour.

I sympathize with Hubbs as I've had 4 lots of surgery on the one toe and the dratted nail still grew back again.

I'm one of the "RARITIES" that even when they take the nail bed the nail still seems to grow again.

Hope hubbs toe is feeling better soon.

Cathy

 
At 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what are you planning to create with that yarn? Any ideas?

 
At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a couple painful ingrown toenails that have had to be worked on. The nail always fell off eventually and then a new one grew in its dreadful place.

My doc said to cut your toes straight across and not too short and it will prevent them from happening. Since then, I haven't had one, so we'll see if he is right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker