Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lazy Sunday (i hope)

It's been another busy weekend already. Saturday I cleaned and cleaned - more than normal. I even got a chance to do the cobwebs lurking in the back rooms! Mum in law visited, and my sister and her fiance came for dinner. I cooked the most succulent corned beef with mashed potatoes and veggies. Yummo.

Today I plan on doing not much at all. I want a ME day, a day of rest. I want to watch stupid movies, knit and relax. Let's see if that happens!

Question for my knitting friends. I am about to knit a very quick project - a shawl for my sister. I am going to use this free pattern and I have some trouble with the wording.

Am I right in thinking that before I start I should cut a bunch of 20cm lengths and on every second row starting presumably the first row?, I should add that piece of fringe? or should I do the fring at the very end after it has been knitted? hmmm reading again I think it means after it has been knitted. It is on 15mm needles so very easy to spot row endings. Love to know what you all think. Lincraft had their mega yarn on special so it will cost me $5 to knit this shawl - yay.

3 Comments:

At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't knot for toffee, but that shawl looks gorgeous! I'm sure your sister will love it! Enjoy your me time!

 
At 12:58 am, Blogger Summer said...

Yes, do the fringe after you finish the knitting.

What a beautiful shawl! I'm sure your sister will love it. Please post pictures when you finish!

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

What a gorgeous shawl! I like it a lot! I hope you had a nice quiet day. I didn't, but hoping for one next week! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker