Friday, September 15, 2006

Do I "look" pregnant?

It is only 11am and two very sweet people have already asked me if I am pregnant. One asked me on the walk in from the car park, she said she noticed I haven't been drinking coffee in a while and just wondered. When I said "Well no - but I was" and explained, she burst into tears, hugged me and said how sorry she was. Then she told me how her sister had 5 miscarriages and then was blessed with twins. She said the thing that really gets to her is that everyone you speak to about loss has their own story - it is so common. She apologised profusely for asking me - said she never meant to hurt me. I know she didn't. Everything she said was fine. It didn't upset me. If only everyone was like that the world would be fine.

The other was a bloke I work with who asked if i was okay. he said he had suspected I might have been pregnant, then I disappeared for a while and I have been sad ever since I returned. He said, he hoped he wasn't speaking out of place and hoped i was okay. He picked a time when nobody was around to ask, and he spoke softly and gently. I explained to him what had happened and he said he was really sorry. What else can he say. He is only 25, a real doofus at work, but has a heart of gold.

I must look extra fat in this top or something!

1 Comments:

At 3:30 am, Blogger Thalia said...

Doesn't sound to me like either of them were reacting to your fatness or otherwise, but that they recognised other factors - the coffee and the sadness. I'm sorry that they had to notice either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker