Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Limba land Population 1 - 1

I just gathered up the courage to call the professor. I am booked in to see him 30th Oct. A while away, but then I kinda need that time to think about where we want to go with this fertility stuff, if we want to move at all. Scary move. I feel like crying. My heart is pounding and i am so unsure about what to do.

So don't want to be here today. Perhaps it is the weather. 28 degrees celcius here today and windy. What the hell is that temp doing here in early Spring? Tomorrow is supposed to be 18 and raining. Very strange. I just went for a walk outside to try to clear my head. It is very hot out there and the wind is horrid. I wouldn't be surprised if I got sunburnt. Great hay fever day too. blossoms everywhere. There are two new families of ducks on the lake too. One pair have 10 pocket sized little ducklings that are so cute and fluffy. You want to pick them up and snuggle them to your face - soooo cute.

Not even 11am and all I want to do is go home. I have even considered saying I feel unwell and heading off home. But then tomorrow I would feel the same way, so I haven't really achieved anything have I? If it wasn't for the fact that I have been told I am likely to be made redundant sometime before the end of the year I would quit, but I have been here almost 6 years and the payout would be worth it. So I sit and wait and endure more and hope I can wait it out until they decide to give me the flick.

4 Comments:

At 2:40 pm, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

It's been a while since I've come to visit, and I was just scrolling through your archives. At first I was so elated for you, and then my heart absolutely broke for you. I am so terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. There are no words.

Please know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy,
Sorry I haven't popped around very often. I do read just sometimes I don't know what to say. But your are in my thoughts.

I had been waiting for redundancy and now it is here. It does feel scary. I really don't want to be here though...I have a week and half left with an egg retrieval inbetween, so you can imagine where my head is. Make sure you check out what your package would be, because if I had known, I probably wouldn't have hung around this long....11 years. It has to do whith the award you are under. I was expecting 16 weeks and I am only entitled to 8, so just a heads up...it is worth looking into.

I hope you are feeing better soon.
Great that you are seeing the professor and hoping he can give you some answers.

Take care.

 
At 6:03 am, Blogger Summer said...

Sounds like it's been a rough day. Grief feels like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back some days doesn't it?

Try to hang on to the thought that today may be two steps back, but soon you'll be taking 3 steps forward again. I will be thinking about you.

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

October 30th is so long away.

I suppose it gives you time to think of what your next step is.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker