Thursday, September 21, 2006

The shawl is finished

I finished the shawl last night including the fringing and I must say I am a little disappointed. My shawl is nowhere near as big as the one in the picture. I think I must have knitted it too tightly. I also didn't even use one ball of the two the pattern says it will take. Hmmmm.

It is very very stretchy so may stretch a little into a larger shape.

I also don't like the way the fringe is secured - as mine keep loosening up - one even fell off while I was sorting it out for the photo. I may have to review this before I give it to my sister.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic Bugsy! I'm sure once you see it on someone you will be happier with it! How is your knitting journal going?

 
At 3:24 am, Blogger Summer said...

I agree, it looks great! You know, sometimes I'm too attached to what I knit because I know every single thing that isn't quite right about it. Put it away for a day or two, then come back and look at it. I usually find I like what I knitted much better after putting it aside for awhile.

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger Mony said...

You are so clever Bugs! It's lovely!

 
At 12:53 pm, Blogger Sara said...

Lovely! I wish I was that crafty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker