Thursday, October 05, 2006

In love with Cotton

I have found a new love. Cotton yarn. Since in Australia we are starved by not having the luxury of the likes of Sugar n cream cotton or Peaches n Cream, we have to make do with the ones we do have.

Recently I have bought a couple of lots off ebay. The first is a combination of 8.5 balls of Panda Regal 4ply cotton (not much good for dishcloths unless you double it), and 4 balls of Anchor magicline. I loooooovvvveeee the colors. I am thinking of knitting some baby leggings with the panda regal yarn.
Along with the cotton above I bought two Jo sharp patterns. I really like the oversized cardi - very very nice. It just looks so comforting.

In another auction I got 10 balls of Anchor magicline. This stuff sells for about $5 a ball which is rediculous but I love the varigated colors (although some are a little over the top in vibrancy).

I wish I had a business trip to the US coming up - i would take an extra suitcase to bring home lots of Sugar n cream.

2 Comments:

At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy- how is your knitting journal going? You could put all that information in about your internet buys- and look backin a few years at the bargains!

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Ack! Knitted baby leggings sound like the CUTEST THINGS EVER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker