Friday, November 03, 2006

A weekend of relaxing awaits.

*Breathe* Nice big deep breathes............. In..................Out................In.............Out

I spoke to the nurse today and she said that I need to start the nasal spray by the 16th, and she is away the 15th, but can see me the 16th and since that is the day I start she can show me all about it.

I feel a little better about it all now. I am sorry I paniced. My pay goes in the 14th, and out again on the 16th for this. I hope Hubbs doesn't mind living on two minute noodles for a month or so! (he might actually have to fork over some of his "play" money from his wage for a change.)

Another good thing happened today - My sister finally sold her house - buyer's finance all approved - nice and tidy and neat (with a little bow (ok now i am being silly)).

They are currently negotiating settlement date but at this stage it is likely to be 14th December. Tomorrow they are going to sign the papers for the place they want to buy. They should be in there by Christmas. It is exciting and scary all at the same time.

I am trying to focus on the good things and not the bad things that tend to stick in my mind. Like a few days ago, when she said to me "every time the buyer's finance fell through and we had to put the house back on the market, I understood how you felt when you miscarried - something you wanted wasn't going to be any more". Whilst to a tiny degree I understand that statement, how can you compare the two? In ten years time will she even give a thought to those contracts falling through? I know I will still be lamenting over my losses and my heart will still be breaking. I just don't think the two things really compare and it was a silly thing to say really.

My parcel of yarn, crochet hooks and patterns (and some coloring books for the kiddies) leaves the country tomorrow bound for an island home in Vanuatu. I heard during the week that they only have one old bent crochet hook so I went out last night and bought 4 shiny new ones! It feels good to be able to help them out a bit. They will go towards making beanies for the people in the village - My friend there said you would not believe how cold it gets there sometimes in their grass huts (no running water, no electricity).

I thought about knitting some things for them - but it cost me $20 to send that parcel, so I am not sure I could afford to send too much over there. Plus I think I have enough on my plate at the moment without adding in another charity drive. Perhaps in the future, after I have finished Hubb's jumper I might consider doing something else for them. In the meantime I am going to keep an eye out for cheap yarn to send to them.

One of my friends at work is about to go to the US office for a month, so I am going to seek out things I want him to get me to put in the internal mail (if I can - still working out if we can wrangle sending something in the internal mail). I am thinking I might have to get him to get me some sugar n cream while he is there at the very least. hehe.

Hope you are all having a good day. Catch you all soon.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy- op shops have some real finds in regards to wool. Takes a bit of hunting but is worth it !

 
At 9:09 am, Blogger Summer said...

So glad to hear the good news about your cycle. I hope you have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker