Thursday, November 23, 2006

Progress

Thank you for all my lovely birthday greetings and for your kind words about the puppy. He is doing well, and has really started to show his true colors - he is chewing everything in sight - shoes, plants, handbags, ears and noses (especially my ears and nose). He is damn cute though, and I would love to take him in myself, but my sister has first dibs and she is just as smitten with him. He is a smart little bugger and at only 9 weeks, if you throw a ball, he chases it and brings it back. hehe so cute.

I have been well. The metformin sideeffects have mostly settled down now that I know what not to eat (thank you sooooo much). I have been doing the Synarel nasal spray for a week now, and so far so good. Apart from a disgusting taste in my mouth about 5 mins after I do the nasal spray it is not too bad. I haven't had any of the bad side effects that I have been warned about. I am very rational and had no emotional outburts or anything.

Today I did a blood test and my Oestrogen (E2) is 133. If it was over 200 they wouldn't have let me start the injections but because it is under 200, tomorrow night I get to start the injections - 150iu of Gonal-F. I keep doing the nasal spray still though.

Next Friday 1st December I go do another blood test and ultrasound to see how my "litter" of eggs is developing.

It feels great that my body is responding nicely to the medication.
For once!

I might even get to do some knitting! Oh my, I hope I remember how.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 pm, Blogger Drew said...

Bugs - great news about the response to the drugs. It's already a good start!

As for knitting - I have recently started to knit a jumper - its totally addictive! I went to Spotlight last night and spent hours checking out the yarn and the bits and bops.

You better get on with the knitting woman - I want to see you show case some more of your pieces!

 
At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad the meds are wokring and you are feeling well. Hoping for continued good news.

And I hope the word verification I have "dawomb" is a good sign for you and da womb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker