Sunday, January 14, 2007

another baby!

No - not me this time - my sister's cow had a calf this morning. Very little as he/she is a month early. it hasn't stood up yet so they don't know if it is a girl or boy. The vet said to leave them be for a few hours and just monitor them. Mummy is letting the humans go up to her calf and touch it and it does suck on fingers, so the instinct is there. We just have to hope mummy cow Bessy looks after her new baby well so it thrives.


I have told my sister not to get attached. This little one is destined for the freezer! I think she should give it a name that will help with the process of not getting attached, like "mince" or "big mac".

It is pretty cute though huh!

I am doing okay. Very tired but apart from that and the newly discovered cleavage I wouldn't even know I was pregnant. I made pancakes this morning though, and after eating them, I felt like I might have possibly been about to lose them, but that didn't happen.

Scared that things are not going well. I just wish I could know at any one time how baby bug was doing. This wait is far longer than the two week wait. And much more frustrating.

Hubbs keeps telling me that I need to be patient, that I am doing all the right things and there is nothing else I can do except take it easy and wait. But it is really hard to do that. I live and breath with the knowledge that this little life is inside me. I wonder every second if that tiny heart is still beating. I self analyse every feeling or lack of feeling.

I have been really constipated too, which is quite a problem. Today I have had bowel pains which freak me out a lot. I am drinking lots of water and eating lots of fibre and wishing to feel more comfortable soon.

7w2d

3 Comments:

At 2:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always about waiting, isn't it... hope you start to feel a little less, uh, stopped up soon.

 
At 8:25 am, Blogger Steff said...

enjoy every sign of morning sickness as a sign baby is doing the RIGHT thing with your hormones :D

 
At 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bugsy I LOOOOVE pancakes!

The little calf is absolutely beautiful - a small young life like that looks very fragile doesn't it?

I had a bad stint of constipation around the 7 week to 9 week mark - not sure why but for some reason it went away - even now at third trimester I am still really regular. There's a few fibre drinks out there in Aust that works quite well - I hope you find some relief soon!

Take it easy Bugsy - keep yourself busy knitting those wonderful little garments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker