Friday, January 12, 2007

To Ticker or not to Ticker

Thanks for your comments guys. I really appreciate it.

Despite having a good scan yesterday I still can't relax about it. Yesterday I was on a bit of a high, after seeing my little bub, heart beating away. My perfect baby. But today I have come back to earth. I know all too well that you can have a great scan and then the bad stuff happens and your baby dies and there isn't a lot you can do to change things.

We had a great scan with Jayden at 8 weeks, everything seemed fine. Then at 12 weeks we discovered that he had died. Bad stuff happens!

So I can't bring myself to relax about this, nor can I bring myself to really get close to this baby yet. Neither Hubbs or I can. I mean, we are excited, and truth be known we already love this little mite, but we are remaining very cautious right now.

So I have given it a lot of thought, and your comments really helped me decide, NOT to do a ticker just yet. Katt knows me well and she knows that it would kill me to have to remove yet another ticker from this blog. I just never want to do that again. I hope you all understand.

Instead, I will try to keep noting at the bottom of my posts where I am at, so you know.

ok - so I am weird (you knew that already so don't go thinking that this is a new discovery of yours) !!

Please just keep the bad stuff from happening.
Please let me keep this baby.
Please.

7 weeks today.

9 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

So glad it's going well Bugsy, hope that it continues to do so. I think you made the right choice about the ticker even though I'm sure it will all go well.

 
At 11:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a lurker. :) I wanted to say congratulations (so far!) on the good news. And that I'm now 21 weeks pregnant (also after infertility) and haven't yet had the courage to post a ticker. :) I'm not sure why, because I'm pretty confident in other ways, but the ticker feels like a big step. Maybe I'll do it this weekend...

 
At 8:17 am, Blogger Summer said...

Ticker or no ticker, we're here for you and rooting for you. You just have to do whatever you need to stay sane.

 
At 9:08 am, Blogger Anita said...

Fantastic news Bugsy. One step closer to your dream!

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Clare said...

I understand why you're waiting but I also feel it won't be too long before you're 12 weeks and that ticker will be ticking away on your page. I'm so happy for you that it's all going so well this time around.

 
At 11:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Definitely please. Thinking of you and hoping all continues to go well.

 
At 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was personally worried about you putting up a ticker and I'm glad that you decided to wait a little bit.
Little mite - you just stay stronge..cause your mummy really can't wait to meet you.

 
At 2:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally understandable! You have to do what you are comfortable with. Just know I am keeping your bean in my prayers.

 
At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy, it's completely understandable. It's ok to rejoice yet to want to keep a part of your heart safe. I'll be thinking of you over the next several weeks ... and you'll put up a ticker when you're good and ready. Wishing you only good things!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker