Wednesday, January 03, 2007

happiness and sadness

Thanks everyone. Of course good results mean nothing if the baby decided not to continue growing - I learnt this with Jayden. My body performed perfectly but Jayden had a chromosome problem and stopped growing. So i wish good results meant some sort of guarantee, but I know too well it doesn't.

I feel pretty good today and taking that as a good rather than a bad sign. I feel like something it there now in my tum, so something is happening, and i just feel I should enjoy this time whilst the morning sickness stays away.

I did cry tonight though when I saw the news - someone left their 2 year old in a car for an "extensive amount of time" in 30 degree heat. Someone walking by noticed the child, broke into the car and began CPR - the child was in cardiac arrest. When the ambulance arrived they estimated that inside temp of the car was around 50 degrees. They continued the CPR but the poor little darling died.

When will people learn! What makes people think that it is a good idea to leave a child or a pet in a car, even if it isn't a hot day. There is no excuse - It is just pure laziness! I am so sorry little one that your parents let you down so badly. Please don't ever let me get hold of these people.

6 Comments:

At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too shed a tear when I saw that on the news- that poor baby didn't stand a chance....

It's just not fair...

 
At 12:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is just awful!

 
At 5:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the faith! Your numbers were good, so rely on that :).

That is awful about the 2 yr old. Just horrible.

 
At 10:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The car was actually in the backyard of their house and the child jumped in without the mum knowing. She went out there to find them. It was an accident. The mum has 6 kids and thought they were all upstairs after she came home from shopping and everyone was inside. After a while she checked and couldnt find her, and the baby was in the car for an hour.

So spare a thought for the poor mum. She wasn't a horrible person who left her child whilst going out. She has to live with this for the rest of her life.

Just remember it takes two seconds for a toddler to get away from you. Hug those you love

 
At 10:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Bugsy great numbers. Keeping fingers crossed now for a great ultrasound

 
At 2:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy - you are a trooper already. Just hang in there, think happy baby thoughts, and even once nauseau kicks in - try and ENJOY that too. :oP. I look forward to your ultrasound photos.

I am angry about that news of the baby girl dying in the car exposed to the sun - I wonder why the parents didnt realise their little girl was missing for up to an hour!!!! A 2 year old! Dont people ever learn? As much as I feel sympathy for the parents, I must admit they should be totally blamed for the incident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker