Saturday, December 23, 2006

Feel free to drool

I know I did. The minute these arrived at work and I lunged at the box, ripped it open and extracted their sweet goodness I started drooling , and I haven't stopped.
Yes You are seeing sweet goodness - 12 balls of Sugar 'n Cream cotton. 12 beautiful, amazing balls and Katt - they even smell good.

A wonderful sweet man that I work with has been in the US for a few weeks. He asked if I wanted anything and I mentioned that if he came across some Sugar 'n Cream to get me a couple of balls. I didn't expect it to happen because I am sure the last thing some bloke wants to do when in the US is go hunting in yarn stores, but he did, and he fedexed them back with a bunch of stuff he was sending back, and told me to open the box when it arrived, and extract my sweet goodness.

I am absolutely itching to get started with these. Damn Christmas and all the extra work it has given me, leaving no time for knitting.

We made a last minute decision not to do Christmas at my place this year because my sister is already getting requests to mind dogs over Christmas, and because the property came with nine kennels, and because they didn't want to upset these people, (because they are all like prominant citizens of the town and if you upset them you might not get any business in the future), they have accepted some dogs to mind. Hence they can't leave the property.

So, christmas is coming to them this year. I am dilligently packing up everything i would have cooked here, and traipsing it 200kms to their place to cook on Christmas day.

Which means I will be off the air from first thing tomorrow until Probably Christmas night (we are only staying one night as we have to see Mum in law on Boxing day and I have to work the day after (oh joy).).

So to all my incredibly wonderful friends - Merry Christmas! I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker