Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The car park shoot up!

No more scans, no more needles.

Yesterday I did the last GonalF injection and Synarel Nasal spray.

Today they called and told me I had to do the trigger shot at 9:30pm (a rather civilised time considering last time it was 2am), and I have to be at the hospital on Friday at 10:30am for 11:30am egg collection.

One problem though - we had a dinner event out that we couldn't get out of. It was at a prestigious golf club- very fancy.

So - I took the cooler bag with me, and all my supplies, and hubbs gave me the trigger shot exactly at 9:30pm in the car park of the golf club LOL.

I felt a bit old to really be shooting up in a car park. How naughty. I shudder to think what people actually thought if they saw us. Only one car drove by while we were doing it. I doubt they saw really.

it didn't hurt at all, although Hubbs said the needle was a bit blunt and it took considerable effort to get it to actually pierce the skin. Fun!

Hubbs did a great job - I never felt it at all. In fact, it hurt him more, as he went to put it in the sharps bin, and somehow managed to prick himself - poor bubba.

So now nothing until Friday. I have to fast from midnight the night before - that will be fun.

Let's hope the hormones don't kick in too bad. I wasn't sure today whether to bang heads together or just cry lol.

night all.

8 Comments:

At 8:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow everything seems to be going fast now. We had one of those "car park shoot ups" also lol

Good luck for friday !

 
At 10:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on your way now - best of luck.
seepi

 
At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done the shoot up in the car, as well. And in several restaurant bathrooms. Good luck on Friday!

 
At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you on Friday Bugsy. Good luck!

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Nicole said...

Good luck, we've shot up in the car, in a bathroom at a bar, and the bathroom on the airplane. Each time included me and hubby.

Someone probably thinks hubby is getting some, and really, what better compliment to him? Enjoy the little entertainment you can get out of this process.

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Penni said...

Hi Bugsy,
I found your blog though a link from a link from a link (so really I have no idea how I got here!).
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck.
I had my last trigger injection in the bathroom of a restaurant last October - my little girl is now almost 6 months old. We had 4 stimulated cycles and seemingly a gazillion frozen transfers, but it was all worth it.
Hoping your dreams come true as ours did.

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

I am visualising you and hubbs in the car park at the golf club doing the great shoot up and I am cackling with laughter.

Good luck with the collection.

Cathy

 
At 10:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop on and wish you good luck today !!.
Hope those eggs have grown nice and big.
Am thinking of you sweet !!
Love Dan x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker