Friday, December 08, 2006

all collected

Back home.

I feel fine apart from being a little sore. Rather like period pain. But not bad though.

I am very disappointed in the collection. We only got 3 eggs.

Now I just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see whether any of them fertlise.

That's all - I had better go lay down now. very tired.

Catch you all soon

p.s. edited to say "please please please don't say "it only takes one egg to make a baby" because I have heard it so much today that I am ready to scream"

I don't want to feel guilty for being a little disappointed that we only got 3 eggs. I feel that I am justified in feeling this way - all the hormones, injections, scans , $$$$$$, time off work, discomfort, hospital bills from doctors I don't even recall seeing. Some people have emailed me to say that I should feel happy about getting 3 eggs, and I do, but I think I can also be disappointed that that was all they got.

ok - getting off my soapbox now.

8 Comments:

At 5:03 pm, Blogger Nicole said...

good luck. i hope they all fertilize.

 
At 5:37 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

See you tomorrow, hopefully Bugsy.

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Good luck Bugsy, sending positive thoughts your way.

 
At 7:12 am, Blogger Summer said...

I'm sorry the news wasn't better. I hope they all fertilize.

 
At 8:43 am, Blogger Cathy said...

Good vibes being sent your way.

Have everything crossed for you and hubbs.

Cathy

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger LL said...

IVF is a crap shoot isn't it. I too hope they all fertilize.

 
At 11:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
If I lived closer to Forest Hill I would come to the meeting also... The smoke and heat is not making it inviting enough for me to travel that far from home...
Have a nice time....
Andrea
IVF Friends

 
At 3:41 am, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Just wanted to let you know that "I've been there." We had only 3 eggs collected at my last retrieval - and only 2 were mature - only 1 fertilized.

I can relate to your feelings of disappointment - and being tired of hearing "it only takes one."

Hoping for the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker