Monday, December 17, 2007

Much Sadness at Christmas

Amongst all the joy of Christmas there is so much sadness - I lost my Mum 10 years ago this month, and not a day goes by when I don't wish she was still here with me. Last week at the dentist the dentist was telling me that her parents wanted to come stay but she doesn't have a spare bed - the dental nurse suggested she sleep on the couch and let her parents have her bed and she said "no way - Not giving up my bed for them". Then she asked "Bugsy - would you give up your bed for your mum?" I very quietly said "Yes, yes I would". The conversation continued on around me. The room was oblivious to the emotions and feelings around my answer. If only I had the chance - Yes , Yes I would.

So it was with much sadness this morning that I found out about two more passings. 2 friends I work with had incredibly sad losses over the weekend.

One lost his mum on Saturday. She was aged 81 and peacefully passed, quietly and gracefully - just like she has lived her life. I am so sad for him. I guess I relate to losing your Mum at christmas. It is one of the hardest things that can ever happen.

The other passing is a real shock. My work friend's sister passed on Friday. She passed suddenly and they are still trying to work out what had happened. I am not sure of her age, but would guess she would be around 30. She was married just 5 months ago and was 3 months pregnant. I cannot imagine the shock of her passing. What should have been such a joyous Christmas - such an amazing time in their lives - gone , in an instant.

I have shed quite a few tears this morning after hearing this news. My heart to their families on their passings. Life so very precious - it is never long enough is it.

now if you will excuse me, I have\need to go cuddle my son and store up more of his goodness. I need to breathe in his scent, see his perfection, touch his chubby cheeks and the velvety feel of his hair. I need to absorb him into my skin, and never let him go.

I wish my friends peace this Christmas. and much love and hugs.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:51 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Bugsy, I am sorry there is so much sadness around.

My condolences to you and your friends.
Take care and hold onto that little one tight.

 
At 4:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending hugs your way, I understand exactly how you feel. It's going to be a hard Christmas for a lot of people including me and my family. All we can do is remember the wonderful times hey...
Luv'N'more hugs, Lesley

 
At 5:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGS hun i think i'm related to the preggy lady that passed recently...very sad indeed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker